Thursday 17 February 2011

Rockcliffe Print

After alot of hmming and haing and gnashing of teeth I have decided to do a new print.

Two summers ago I completely fell in love with Dumfries and Galloway. Previously all my Scottish explorations had featured the highlands but armed with a campervan and a yearning not to bitten alive by midgies we ventured south west. What D&G lacks in majestic mountainage it more than makes up with pastoral loveliness, Enid Byltonesque coastline and unspoilt forestry.

In the very bleak mid winter I have not felt the printing love. Once the excitment christmas is over I generally fall into a bit of a slump. There isn't much to inspire in a Scottish dreich February. So in a bid to cheer myself up I decided to do a print based on Rockcliffe, a lovely stretch of coastline owned by the National Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment