Wednesday 14 November 2012

Return of the fridge of indecision!


I can't believe it is a whole year since the fridge of indecision last made it onto my blog. It is vital part of my design process. On these dark evenings sitting  in front of the fire watching Autumn Watch on the telly my mind wanders to woodlands and the creatures that live there. Last year I created a series woodland creatures mini prints. This year I decided to concentrate on the creatures themselves. Starting with a stag I decided to create a few monoprints help the design process along.


These were lovely to do, there is something lovely about messing about with ink on perspex

The yellow, red and blue colourway was a pretty strong contender before I started proofing the prints and applying them to the fridge door.



But you know I am a sucker for shiny shiny paper and the gold and silver tissue paper really strike the right note at this time of year. I may return to the yellow and red theme in spring but for now my stag prints are silver and gold.




No comments:

Post a Comment